WHAT TO DO WITH HARD WASTE?
WHAT to do with HARD WASTE ?
Cleaning up and find old furniture and ‘bits n’ pieces’ which they no longer need or want around the house and shed?
Saleable Items – those items which can be recycled and have another life can be offered to local charities. Salvage and Save (now part of the MOBO group) accept household goods which are suitable for re-sale – Phone: 8555 3200 – co-located with FRWA at the Waste and Recycling Depot, Goolwa. CLICK HERE FOR SALVAGE AND SAVE WEBSITE
SORT YOUR LOAD to SAVE
Sort your load as you are cleaning up around the house, so it is easier to unload the trailer (and save on disposal fees) when you get the to FRWA Waste and Recycling Depot.
Remember CDL containers are worth 10c and it does add up quickly – so sort these containers in to separate bags or boxes and take to South Coast Recycling and Scrap Metal Phone: 8552 1716 – co-located with FRWA at the Waste and Recycling Depot, Goolwa.
Disposal of the following items is FREE at all FRWA Waste and Recycling Depots and Kangaroo Island Resource Recovery Centre (KIRRC)
- E-waste – intact old televisions, electrical goods, computers and computer screens (charges apply for items which are broken)
- Oil – motor oils or coolant
- Fluorescent, halogen and normal household globes (not to be disposed of in kerbside waste)
- Batteries – all types (most Councils also have disposal boxes for small household batteries)
- Scrap Metal – including metal white goods (no car bodies)
CHARGES apply for the disposal of the following items
- most furniture is made of composite material and disposal is charged as general waste – individual charges apply for mattresses and sofas
- cost for the disposal of tyres and gas bottles is based on size
- mattresses, ensemble bases,lounge chairs and sofas
- clothing and shoes are also taken only as general waste (local Op Shops will welcome donations of clean clothing which is suitable for re-sale)
CLICK HERE FOR LOCATION AND OPENING TIMES of the FRWA Waste and Recycling Depots – Price Lists for disposal of loads can be download from this page.
There is NO FREE HARD WASTE collection on the southern Fleurieu – please call the local, small businesses which specialise in yard or garden clean-ups for a quote on the removal of any old furniture, and other items from your property.
Paintback is the way to:
- Responsibly deal with waste paint after painting.
- Declutter your garage, shed or under the house of old paint containers.
- Recycle and reduce waste going to landfill.
- Avoid landfill fees that may apply to waste paint